Feb 1, 2011

Blast from the past...

I've got aq hoot coming up and I've been stumped on the concept. It's a portrait of a stunning actress which is going to be part of a whole new series I'm shooting over the next couple of months. Sometimes I find myself looking at other photographers work for inspiration, but to often that gets me thinking about how they make images. That can be useful but it can also be dangerous if you find yourself simply adopting or varying their style. So sometimes I find it useful to go back and look over outtakes from my own shoots.

Especially images like this one that I liked but just didn't make the cut for whatever reason. This portrait is from a fairly elaborate fashion shoot I did a while back - It was almost an after thought. A vintage dress that a friend had given me when she downsized her wardrobe, a cool lamp I found on the street the week before, a last set squeezed out before we all called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment